Studies have shown that having straight, white teeth is seen by many as an indication of good health, attractiveness and even a higher level of education.
One way to gain confidence is when you have a great smile with shiny, pearly white teeth. Unfortunately, not everyone is born with perfect, white teeth and there are many environmental, lifestyle and health factors can contribute to the discoloration of our teeth.
Thankfully, modern cosmetic dentistry offers the chance for almost anyone to obtain a perfect smile. Depending on the shape and shade your teeth are currently there are a number of options to consider.
You could go to a professional health care provider such as the dentist who can advise you on dental bleaching and straightening options that would be best for your own particular situation. However, if your teeth are fairly straight and you just want to get rid of discoloration caused by what you eat and drink (or smoke!!!!!) you can easily purchase and use a DIY teeth whitening product such as a kit, pen or strips.
Making it as a habit to brush your teeth daily should always be a part of your routine. It is even recommended to have at least brushed it two times a day (morning and evening) to maintain healthy gums and teeth. Home treating your teeth is another way for you to keep up with the lifestyle. For you to achieve it, here are the following steps in whitening your teeth at home.
- Brushing and flossing- as you eat, there is a build-up of food debris and elements wherein it can hinder in having white teeth and so it would be best for you to brush you teeth to remove excess stains and after which do not forget to use floss so as to remove remaining food products in between your teeth.
- Whitening strips- use whitening strips that are recommended by your Dentist. Choose only those that does not contain any chlorine dioxide that can damage the enamel of your teeth. Whitening strips are made out of polyethylene.
- Uses of whitening products- there are many whitening products that you can see anywhere either at the groceries or mall. Make sure that it is recommended by your dentist.
- Teeth strips- this is another way t to have a whiter teeth. The gel of the teeth strips does the work in whitening the teeth.
- Whitening toothpaste- it would be best to have acquired a whitening toothpaste from your Dentist. When choosing for a whitening toothpaste make sure it does not contain any harmful chemicals that can ruin the strength and enamel of your teeth.
- The use of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda- the strength of the hydrogen peroxide should be 3% only and when preparing to make sure it is about 50/50 in a fraction as you prepare both ingredients for whitening teeth.
Having white teeth surely gives you the confidence and having a smile that sparkles can make someone’s day happy as well.